South Suburban College is a community college with locations in South Holland and Oak Forest, Illinois. Established in 1927, more than 9,000 students, on average, are now enrolled at SSC during a typical year. The College offers a wide selection of career education and college transfer credit programs. Additionally, SSC’s Business & Career Institute offers non-credit customized training, short-term instruction for business, and dozens of special interest classes. The College has a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. A variety of cultural events are also sponsored by the College, including plays, comedy acts, special lectures, and concerts, adding to the richness of the performing arts in the south suburbs. In the future, SSC will continue to provide educational opportunities to the community in traditional areas, as well as in new and emerging fields. Through our distance learning endeavors we hope to be able to reach tomorrow’s student in even more exciting ways. The mission of South Suburban College is to “Serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning.”
Services include but are not limited to:
- High quality education, training, and services for all individuals who have the ability to benefit from our programs.
- Programs that are accessible and affordable provided to a diverse community of learners.
- Training delivered in collaboration with local businesses.
- A community that creates an environment and resources for learning with robust student support services.
- Up-to-date facilities and technology that help prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate programs or the job market.
- Comprehensive Tuition Waivers and Scholarship Programs.
South Suburban College is located at 15800 S. State Street in South Holland, Illinois, between Sibley Boulevard and 159th Street. The campus is convenient to Routes 94, 80, 57, and 294. Free, ample, well-lit parking is available.